University of Namur
Postdoctoral Opportunity in Service Management/Transformative Service
at Nadi-CeRCLe, University of Namur, Belgium!
We are thrilled to announce a postdoctoral position in the dynamic field of Transformative
Service Research (TSR) at Nadi-CeRCle – University of Namur, Belgium. We are currently
seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and accomplished researcher to join our vibrant
Position: Postdoctoral Researcher
Contract: 1 renewable contract for 2 years in total
Location: Nadi-CeRCLe – University of Namur, Belgium
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Proposed Start Date: March 1, 2023
Nadi-CeRCle is an internationally renowned research center dedicated to advancing
knowledge in the field of service management and marketing. Our team works on cutting-
edge research projects. We provide an intellectually stimulating and supportive environment
for researchers at all stages of their careers. Our team is part of a multidisciplinary research
institute called Nadi (Namur Digital institute) with more than 100 researchers from different
disciplines who focus on digital services and technology. Nadi-CeRCLe is located in the
wonderful city of Namur, which seamlessly combines historical significance, natural beauty,
and a vibrant cultural scene. The candidate will also have the opportunity to leverage the
dynamism and robust connections within the Belgian service community.
About the Postdoctoral Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the evolving field of Transformative Service Research. The research project associated with the position will be conducted in collaboration with Dr. Wafa Hammedi (University of Namur, Belgium), Dr. Linda Alkire (Texas State University, USA) and Dr. Mohamed Sobhy Temerak (Surrey University, UK)
▪ Conduct original research in the field of Transformative Service Research.
▪ Publish research findings in reputable service marketing and management journals (ABS 3* & 4) and present at leading international conferences.
▪ Mentor doctoral students and contribute to the academic community.
▪ Contribute to the dynamic culture of the NADI-TEAM. Qualifications: • International Eligibility: This position is open to candidates from both EU and non-EU countries. Please be aware that individuals of Belgian nationality are not eligible for this funding.
• Candidates must hold a completed Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as Business, Marketing, Service, Sociology, or Psychology.
• Ph.D. Completion Period: The Ph.D. should have been awarded between 2014 and 2023.
• Research Interest and Skills: A strong interest in research, coupled with robust analytical and critical thinking abilities, is essential.
• Autonomy and Organizational Skills: Candidates should demonstrate the ability to work independently and possess excellent organizational skills.
• Publication Commitment: An ongoing commitment to consistently disseminate and publish research findings is expected.
• Research Track Record: A solid track record of research publications in ABS 3 or 4* ranked journals is desirable.
• Communication and Collaboration Skills: Excellent communication, presentation, and
collaboration skills are imperative.
• Team-Oriented Approach: A collaborative and team-oriented approach is mandatory.
▪ Competitive scholarship and benefits package.
▪ Access to state-of-the-art research resources and facilities.
▪ Opportunities for international collaboration and networking.
Interested candidates are invited to directly submit the following documents to Professor Wafa Hammedi at email@example.com by December 1st, 2023.