Garden City, New York United States
Garden City, New York United States
Assistant Professor – Marketing
Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business at Adelphi University is currently
accepting applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in
Marketing, beginning Fall 2024. The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is
accredited by AACSB International.
• The standard teaching load involves three courses (9 credits) per semester at both
undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Teaching assignments may be on the main campus in Garden City, at off-campus
locations in New York City, or elsewhere on Long Island.
• Courses are scheduled during the day, evenings, and weekends.
• Some graduate courses follow 8-week cycles, with 4 hours of classes each week.
• A completed doctorate in Marketing or a related field is required. Candidates who
are ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be
completed by August 25, 2024.
• The ideal candidate will have expertise in marketing analytics or related areas, both
at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate a robust record of teaching experience
and evidence of scholarly work.
• Professional marketing experience is desirable.
• We are particularly interested in candidates with a strong commitment to teaching
a diverse student population at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
• All applications must be submitted through Adelphi University’s employment portal
• Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a one-page
statement of teaching philosophy, a one-page statement of research, copies of
recent student evaluations, and contact information for three references.
• The review of applications will commence on November 27 and will persist until
the position is filled.
In compliance with New York’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range
for this position is $128,000 – $138,000. Adelphi University considers factors such as
departmental budgets, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work
experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and
organizational considerations when extending an offer. The above hiring range
represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting. An annual base salary higher than the
range may be warranted in circumstances where a candidate has demonstrable
equivalent prior higher education experience at another University.
Adelphi University provides a comprehensive benefit package for faculty and staff
employees. For a list of benefits provided to employees, please
ABOUT THE WILLUMSTAD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The mission of the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is to prepare a diverse
student body to be data-driven, socially responsible, and resilient leaders. We do this
through an experience-based and integrated curriculum delivered by a student-
centered faculty committed to excellence both within and outside the classroom. To
that end, the School is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus
especially invites applications from women, underrepresented, and historically
Adelphi University, New York is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully
connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives
through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative
ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts
and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core
Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education
Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News &
World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university,
serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at
learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The
University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate
programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the
country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and 13
rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic
community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To learn more, visit
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4820331