Southern Utah University
Cedar City, Utah United States
Cedar City, Utah United States
The Department of Economics, Marketing, and Analytics in the Dixie L. Leavitt School of Business at Southern Utah University is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing to begin in January of 2023. We are looking for candidates with a PhD in marketing, or a closely related field, who can provide high quality teaching and student mentoring, while maintaining academic or professional qualifications per AASCB standards. Teaching duties will be varied and will likely include courses in Marketing Principles, Marketing Research, Integrated Marketing Communication, and Digital Marketing, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Teaching load is generally 3-4 courses per semester depending on research productivity. Service to the department, school, or university is also expected.
Southern Utah University is a comprehensive, Masters S institution serving about 13,000 students. Marketing is housed in the School of Business, which is AACSB accredited and offers a full range of baccalaureate programs, as well as MBA, MAcc, and MSBA degrees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide quality instruction in the classroom, teaching 3-4 courses per semester.
2. Meet scholarly or professional engagement requirements as needed to maintain AACSB qualifications.
3. Engage with and mentor students in alignment with the mission and vision of the School and University.
4. Provide service to the department, school, or university.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. PhD in Marketing or a closely related field.
2. Ability to provide an excellent educational experience for students.
1. Relevant teaching experience at the university level.
2. Academic and/or professional credentials to qualify as a Scholarly Academic (SA) or as a Practice Academic (PA), according to AACSB standards and school policy.
3. Experience engaging with students in co- and extra-curricular activities.
4. Experience with online education.
Documents Needed to Apply:
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.