Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States
Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Assistant Professor – Marketing – 991669
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Full Time with Full Benefits
Subject to Grant Funding?:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach appropriate related courses per validated academic credentials and area of expertise at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. Includes the selection and preparation of class materials which are relevant and informative, using computer technology as appropriate.
2. Achieves qualified (SA) Scholarly Academic, (PA) Practice Academic, (SP) Scholarly Practitioner, (IP) Instructional Practitioner status per AACSB Guidelines. If currently qualified, this status must be maintained.
3. Maintain academic proficiency in the teaching discipline by demonstrating scholarly interests and giving evidence of an active scholarly life. Standards in this area can be found in the NSU Faculty Handbook and the Huizenga College Faculty Handbook. Reasonable progress must be demonstrated at all times and is subject to review by the Dean or his designee.
4. As requested, supervise other instructional activities whereby the faculty member’s knowledge and expertise is of benefit to the faculty members of the course being supervised and the students being taught in the supervised course.
5. As requested and necessary in the teaching discipline, write new courses and curricula; develop and/or enhance curricular innovations to include instructional technologies; and supervise doctoral dissertations, master’s thesis, directed independent studies, projects, etc.
6. Provide service to the Huizenga College and University by preparing accreditation documents and/or serving on accreditation teams; reviewing colleagues’ journal articles; providing leadership in professional and academic associations; assisting in the recruitment of new faculty; assisting in the recruitment and retention of quality students; serving on Huizenga College and University committees and task forces; engaging in interactions with, and providing guidance to, student organizations; and participating in Internship programs.
7. Create a positive and conducive learning environment for students.
8. Provide coaching, mentoring, and guidance to students. This may include the posting of and adherence to office hours.
9. Submit annually a portfolio of accomplishments to the Dean for the purpose of demonstrating faculty development and continuous improvement.
10. Adaptability to teach courses at the discretion of the Dean.
11. Travel locally, nationally, or internationally for the purpose of teaching and other academic activities. This may include travelling to University Student Education Centers, Huizenga College cluster sites, etc.
Marginal Job Functions:
Other activities generally associated with full-time faculty status as assigned by the Dean.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, and professional organizations in the English language.
2. Ability to teach in all modalities used by the Huizenga College, either on ground or online, as assigned by the Dean.
3. Ability to work collegially and cooperatively with other faculty, administration, students, and others.
4. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the NSU Employee Handbook.
5. Ability to review, understand, and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
6. Demonstrated research, writing, and publication history and or capability.
Major (if required):
1. Teaching experience and academic qualifications commensurate with the rank of Assistant Professor.
2. Membership in professional societies, organizations, and associations.
3. Ability to travel.
Is this a safety sensitive position?
Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.