Assistant, Associate, Full
Assistant, Associate, Full
The Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business (NUGSB) invites applications for faculty positions (all ranks) in Marketing. Both quantitative and behavioral candidates with a strong research agenda are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will have a cutting-edge research program and show experience or potential to publish at top journals. In the past, Marketing faculty at NUGSB have published in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Consumer Psychology. Excellent teaching skills are also required. Candidates should have a PhD degree in Marketing or a relevant field from an accredited institution.
NUGSB has a small but growing research-oriented faculty. The faculty have received their PhDs from leading schools such as Columbia, Cornell, INSEAD, Purdue, Stanford, and the University of Michigan. The atmosphere at NUGSB is very collegial, supportive, and welcoming for the new members of our team.
The Graduate School of Business has a strategic partnership with Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, which is ranked as one of the best business schools internationally. Duke’s Fuqua School of Business is also actively involved in recruiting and supporting NUGSB faculty in teaching and research activities. After the initial job interview, successful job candidates will be invited to the Fuqua School of Business for a campus visit.
What we offer:
• Generous research time and low teaching load
• Research seed grants, as well as competitive funding opportunities
• Internationally competitive salary (comparable to the US)
• Conference and travel funding
• Collaboration opportunities with faculty at Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
• Networking at the highest political and business levels
• Expatriate benefits (housing, home travel, child education allowance, etc.)
• Potential opportunities in Executive Education
Located in Astana, Nazarbayev University is a new Western-style, English-language research-oriented institution, created with the support of several leading universities around the world, including Cambridge University, Duke University, National University of Singapore, and University of Pennsylvania. The University aspires to become a world-class research-oriented university and provide the highest quality education in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. Astana, the new capital of Kazakhstan, has been described as “brash and grandiose, and wildly attractive” by National Geographic and “the futuristic frontier of architecture” by the Guardian.
Application Materials Required:
• Cover letter highlighting the area of expertise, motivation, and interest in the position
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of a research paper
• 2 reference letters. The referees must send the letters of recommendation directly to our school by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail should specify the name of the candidate (e.g., “Letter of recommendation for XXX”).
Applicants may send their application materials by email either to email@example.com
or directly to Dr. Mustafa Karata (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can visit us on our website by link: https://gsb.nu.edu.kz/
Information about faculty: https://gsb.nu.edu.kz/facultyresearch/faculty-profiles/
Positions will remain open until they are filled.